Acupuncture & Women's Health
Women’s Health Benefits from Acupuncture
Many women face a variety of health issues as they age, from premenstrual syndrome, infertility and childbirth issue, menopause and more. No matter which of these issues affect your health, you may find that Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine provides a safe, holistic and effective way to support your physical and emotional health.
Acupuncture is done by inserting fine sterile needles in the body to stimulate important acupuncture meridian points. These points activate the body’s healing capabilities and Qi, which is the body’s vital energy that animates the body and protects it from illness.
Many people experience little or no pain when receiving acupuncture—and in fact, often experience a deep sense of relief, relaxation, and elimination of certain symptoms.
Women health issues that often benefit from acupuncture:
• Gynecological Health – TCM tells us that the spleen and liver are related to this area of health. When it’s affect, women may experience uncomfortable feelings before, during, or after their menstrual cycle. An acupuncturist can help alleviate this by restoring the body’s natural balance.
• Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) – PMS can cause cramps, bloating, mood swings, breast pain and more. Your menstrual cycle can provide much information about our overall health. Acupuncture, along with herbal medicine diet and exercise can help alleviate a wide range of these issues.
• Fibroids and Endometriosis – Uterine fibroids are one of the most common causes of menstrual problems, such as heavy bleeding and pain. And endometriosis can cause lower back pain due to uterine cells growing outside of the uterus. Acupuncture has been shown to help relieve this type of pain.
• Fertility, Pregnancy and Childbirth – These conditions can be very stressful for the body, resulting new challenges as your body adjusts to the long process from conception to birth. Acupuncture can help:
– Anxiety and stress
– Back pain and sciatica
– Morning sickness
• Menopause– Acupuncture and TCM and alleviate many of the symptoms of menopause, including hot flashes, insomnia, mood swings, memory problems, vaginal dryness and more.
Find Balance Naturally
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine offer a powerful way to improve and maintain your health.
However, it’s important to remember that these are not to be used as a “quick fix.” It may take some time for you to see results.
Your practitioner can work with you to form a specific plan of action as you begin your journey to rebalance your body.
By working together and making positive lifestyle changes, you’ll soon be enjoying the benefits of a well-balanced and healthy life.
Source: “Women’s Health and Acupuncture,” (brochure) by Acupuncture Media Works. © 2018