Migraine Headache Relief
Learn how acupuncture can help provide migraine relief.
Are you looking for a safe, drug-free alternative to managing migraine headaches? We know that acupuncture can help.
Many factors contribute to migraine headaches including environmental and genetic factors, fluctuation in hormonal levels, and physical activities. If you experience migraines, you already know that they interfere with your experience of normal daily activities.
Symptoms of a migraine include:
- Recurrent, dull, or severe headaches lasting several hours, days, or even weeks
- Pain on one side of the head
- Pulsing Pain
- Increasing sensitivity to light
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Perception of “aura” or other visual disturbance
Fortunately, acupuncture offers substantial benefits in preventing the recurrence of migraine headaches. In March 2004, The British Medical Journal published a comparative study of patients from 18 to 65 years of age who suffered migraines. For three months, one group received standard medical care for their headaches while the other group received acupuncture sessions in addition to the standard care.
One year later, the patients who received acupuncture for migraine relief achieved the following outcomes:
- Experienced 22 fewer days with headaches
- Used 15% less medication
- Made 25% fewer visits to the doctor
- Took 15% fewer sick days off from work than those in the standard care group 1
If you want to improve your quality of life and live without the debilitating pain caused by migraine headaches, visit Silicon Valley Natural Health to receive acupuncture as a safe and drug-free alternative.