Learn how acupuncture can help provide migraine relief.
If you are looking for a safe, drug-free alternative to managing migraine headaches, acupuncture can help.
There are many factors that contribute to migraine headaches including environmental and genetic factors, fluctuation in hormonal levels, and physical activities. The symptoms of a migraine include:
- Recurrent, dull, or severe headaches lasting several hours, days, or even weeks
- Pain on one side of the head
- Pulsing Pain
- Increasing sensitivity to light
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Perception of “aura” or other visual disturbance
Migraines interfere with one’s experience of normal daily activities. Fortunately, acupuncture offers substantial benefits in preventing the recurrence of migraine headaches. The British Medical Journal (March 2004) published a comparative study of patients who suffer migraines headaches aged 1 – 65. One group received standard medical care for their headaches while the other received acupuncture sessions in addition to the standard care for three months.
One year later, the group who received acupuncture for migraine relief:
- Experienced 22 fewer days with headaches
- Used 15% less medication
- Made 25% fewer visits to the doctor
- Took 15% fewer sick days off from work than the control group 1
If you want to improve your quality of life and live without the debilitating pain caused by migraine headaches, acupuncture is a safe and drug-free alternative.